Sunday, May 17, 2009

An unexpected delight

While on my way to a convention at Kalahari in Sandusky this past Saturday morning, on Rt. 250 just a mile or so south of the hotel, I found myself saying, whoa, what is THIS?!
I obviously needed to come back down there later on, during my free time! And that I did, that afternoon. It was pouring down rain. I didn’t care.



Raindrops keep falling on my lens …
Just as I was about to leave, a car pulled up and the lady who got out, introduced herself as Sharon Brown, a seminary student doing an internship at the church. She had to get some things ready for the morning service the next day, and was gracious enough to make my day by letting me in for a few pictures. I found myself inside just the sweetest little country church!




Even on a dreary, rainy day, colors just pour in through those beautiful old windows …



Like many of the German country churches, this one was started by and for the benefit of a handful of area farm families. Every window was dedicated by church members. The church is located on Scheid Road, and that name also figured prominently in quite a few of the dedications.


Absolutely charming …

2 comments:

  1. Shari,

    Great Blog. Keep up the good work. I really like the second to last one; the silhouette of the cross against the stained glass window. I will add your blog to my link list as soon as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Russ, I'm glad you're enjoying. I need to get a link list going, and of course I'll include you!

    ReplyDelete