Wednesday, July 1, 2009

St. John's Lutheran Church, Sidney (Chapel)



My favorite soft serve ice cream pallor is right next door to this church. So I thought I'd check it out before I got my big chocolate cone. To my surprise the church was open but very, very ,very dark. I was not able to get any interior shots of the main sanctuary. I will probably have to pay them a visit on a Sunday and grab some pictures after the service.



I didn't have a very good sky to work with but the overcast made it easy to get these shots.





The church has several huge stained glass windows that I will feature in a future post. I am going to have to spend sometime with them in post processing or just do a re-shoot. The one room I found that I could light up was the chapel.



The chapel was small but had these great small stained glass windows.









I can't wait to come back and get some more pictures.

Okay for a teaser here is one of the large stained glass windows with Matthew, Mark, Jesus, Luke and John.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if those small sections were perhaps taken from their previous building ... and I'm eager to see more of the big windows ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure. The windows in the Chapel looked like they were made for it. As for the Bigger windows, I promise to post something as soon as I can. I've been busy working on the MyHometownOhio blog.

    ReplyDelete